Add a new dimension to your career as a group fitness instructor with YogaFit’s new Mother and Baby Teacher Training program. Designed exclusively for YogaFit by a board certified obstetrician/gynecologist who has been practicing and recommending yoga to her patients for years, the program features safety for your students and simplicity for you. Classic yoga poses have been selected specifically for use during pregnancy and the postpartum period. These are linked in a gentle “flow” style, according to the YogaFit® “3-Mountain” method.
Mother- and- Baby Workshops will give you a streamlined approach to teaching Prenatal and Postpartum YogaFit classes that you can use right away with confidence.
- Every YogaFit Prenatal pose presented in the manual will be safe for your students throughout all trimesters of pregnancy.
- Modifications and props are clearly outlined.
- Confusion over “which student can do what” is eliminated.
- Poses to help relieve the aches and pains of pregnancy, from morning sickness to early labor pains, are included.
- Breathing techniques and pelvic floor exercises that your students will find valuable during labor and delivery are stressed.
- Anatomic changes and emotional issues are discussed.
- YogaFit® Postpartum poses are linked in a specific order designed to follow the natural healing path of a mother’s body after delivery.
- Teach new poses and review old favorites as you guide your students through a safe, flowing transition between pregnancy and traditional YogaFit.
This course is designed for any YogaFit instructor who wishes to expand his or her competence into the delightful world of Mother and Baby Yoga.
Please note, you will receive your manual at the training. There is required Home Study in the back of your manual that is to be completed during and/or after the training.
Please Bring your own Pillow. *This will be used to simulate a pregnant stomach.
TUITION: The tuition cost for this 1 Day specialty training is $309.00 (Early Bird Rate is $279 and the cutoff date is one month PRIOR to the scheduled training date). Tuition includes a specialty training manual, 8 hours of specialized instruction, and ACE CECs (0.8).
This One Day Yoga Teacher Workshop is not designed to teach a student how to teach a basic yoga class (see Level 1 Teacher Training for this education). The information given in this one day workshop is designed for experienced Yoga teachers, providing guidelines and modifications for this special population. YogaFit Teacher Training Level I is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for this specialty training.
TRAINING REGISTRATION POLICIES: Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registering for a training. The Specialty Manual is non-refundable.
Please note: If a registration is placed for this training less than 10 days prior to the start date, you will receive your manual upon arrival at the course.
ATTENTION NEW STUDENTS: If you are taking a YogaFit Teacher Training for the very first time, it is mandatory that you obtain a copy of Beth Shaw’s, YogaFit (2nd Ed.), prior to the training. This text is a tremendous resource to have read prior to the first training taken with YogaFit and will give you a head start into the program.